No matter the time of year, Breckenridge and surrounding mountain towns always seem to have that romantic feel – the streets are lit, dangling decorative lights shimmer in the trees and crisp mountain air float in the breeze as you snuggle up to your loved ones.
This year, Valentine’s Day in Breckenridge falls on President’s Day weekend, making it extra special for people traveling to the mountains for a romantic filled weekend. Below are some suggestions for romantic dining and activities for Valentine’s Day weekend from your mountain real estate professionals at Real Estate of the Summit.
Romantic Eats for Valentine’s Day in Breckenridge:
There are plenty of high-end romantic dining pleasures located all around Breckenridge. We think these few stand out:
- Relish: Located on 137 South Main Street in Breckenridge, Chef and owner Matt Fackler, Chef Clint Ketchum and Sous Chef Randy Lemere work together to create a menu of Colorado inspired cuisine. The menu changes seasonally and sometimes daily to adapt to the freshest Colorado Grown products. Reservations are always recommended. http://snip.ly/Pk7X
- South Ridge Seafood Grill: Located on 215 S Ridge Street in Breckenridge, South Ridge Seafood is a small restaurant with a very cozy feel. Dark corners stay lit with candles on each table and you are surly to be fixated on only your partner during your dining experience. Try their “Cup of Love” a local favorite with bread for a yummy appetizer or warm up to your romantic dinner. Reservations are always recommended. http://snip.ly/rZ8F
- Hearthstone: One of the oldest and most historic buildings in Breckenridge, located at 130 South Ridge Street in Breckenridge, the Hearthstone features naturally raised beef and game, sustainably caught seafood and seasonal Colorado produce. Warmly decorated in Victorian period style, the Hearthstone is a romantic “home” with great views across town to the Breckenridge Ski area. The history of the Hearthstone is a good read. Reservations are always recommended. http://snip.ly/kVCA
- TenMile Station: Your Starlight Dining experience begins at The Maggie Restaurant at the base of Peak 9. This is where you will check in with our hostess and board the sleigh to start your moonlit journey up to TenMile Station. A complimentary hot beverage of your choice will be provided by the hostess along with a warm, wool blanket for you to cozy up with your loved one on the sleigh ride. You’ll enjoy a pre-fixed menu of gourmet Colorado cuisine. Reservations are always recommended. http://snip.ly/ybfm
- Blue River Bistro: Located at 305 N. Main Street in Breckenridge, Blue River Bistro is known for their amazing martini’s, hip urban atmosphere and live jazz—not to mention their fabulous fare. A locals favorite, indulge in rich and delectable dinner dishes while chatting over candlelight with your loved one. Reservations are always recommended. http://snip.ly/xnkq
- Briar Rose: Located at 109 Lincoln Avenue in Breckenridge, The Briar Rose Chophouse and Saloon has been serving the finest aged beef and fresh wild game in Breckenridge for decades. The elegant dining atmosphere makes for a truly romantic and memorable experience. Rich entrees and appetizers with perfectly paired martinis and wine will make for a fabulous Valentine’s Day dinner. Reservations are strongly recommended. http://snip.ly/pZRy
Romantic Activities for Valentine’s Day in Breckenridge:
There are so many fun activities to do in Breckenridge! Check out these romantic activities for your Valentine’s Day weekend:
- Nordic Sleigh Rides: Hop on a private sleigh ride, an afternoon sleigh ride through the Colorado backcountry or a dinner theatre sleigh ride. Nordic Sleigh Rides is here to help plan your most romantic move yet. Visit their website to book a romantic sleigh ride: http://snip.ly/TVMK
- Breckenridge Stables: Grab a carriage ride and take romantic stroll through the town of Breckenridge with your loved one. Learn about the history of Breckenridge while taking in the spectacular views of town. http://snip.ly/UFfy
- Ready, Paint, Fire!: Enjoy an evening of painting with your love. Join local artist Lori Weissman for a fun pre-valentines evening messing around with paint! No experience needed. Instructors at Ready, Paint, Fire! Will show you what paint to mix and where to put it. With a glass of wine in hand and great music to groove along, let your creative juices flow. Reservations strongly suggested! http://snip.ly/CsFW
- Breckenridge Backstage Theatre: Enjoy laughs with your loved one while watching the live performance of “The Roadhouse” at the Breckenridge Backstage Theatre located at 121 South Ridge Street in Breckenridge. This play basis centers around a bar manager and the struggle he faces in deciding between selling his bar to make way for resort expansion or keeping it. The local patrons are some interesting characters – something all mountain residents can relate to. To purchase tickets for Valentine’s Day visit their website: http://snip.ly/IqsL
- Breckenridge Distillery: Drop by the tasting room for a pre-dinner drink or after-dinner cocktail from the Breckenridge Distillery. Located across from the Breckenridge Visitors center court at 137 S. Main Street, taste award-winning whiskey, vodka or seasonal flavorings. Grab your loved one for a fun twist on Valentine’s Day. Hours for tasting on Saturday 11-9. http://snip.ly/Mlyb
- Massage & Spa Days: Breckenridge has plenty of different spas that offer massages, couples massages and spa packages. Relax with your loved one on Valentine’s Day weekend at one of the many spas located in Breckenridge. A few of our favorite include: The Spa at Breckenridge, Simply Massage and Sol Impressions.
If you enjoyed this article, feel free to contact Dennis Clauer at (970) 389-5165 for more local Summit County information and professional real estate guidance!