The Breckenridge Creative Arts district will host the REVIVALISTS, a seven-piece alternative rock band at the Riverwalk Center next Sunday, March 6th at 7:30 pm. Part of the year-round performing art series “BCA Presents,” this concert is one of several lectures, performances, festivals, and concerts hosted by Breckenridge Creative Arts.
Breckenridge Creative Arts (warmly known as BreckCreate) is a multidisciplinary art district that was established in Breckenridge the summer of 2014. Its non-profit programming invites artists from around the globe to showcase their work and host workshops in Breckenridge.
Located just one block up from Main Street between Washington and Lincoln street, the district is hard to miss. Many of the new studio spaces were built from reclaimed barn wood and there are often exhibits lining its open spaces.
Local, national and international artists host workshops and classes. Locals and visitors alike enjoy a plethora of classes hosted by BreckCreate. Some of the more popular include; pottery, jewelry making, photography, screen printing, painting, Latin dance, yoga, and art projects geared for kids. BreckCreate is the newest art initiative in Breckenridge and it has increased the vibrancy of our mountain culture while also appealing to a wider audience of visitors.
The REVIVALISTS last played in Breckenridge at Three20South in 2013 and 2014 before the release of their third full-length album, Men Amongst Mountains, which debuted in July 2015. The album was immediately ranked #2 on the Billboard Alternative Albums Chart and on the iTunes Alternative Albums Chart Top 10.
The first two members of the band met at a music workshop in New Orleans and expanded organically (or maybe by chance or by luck) to include the seven members who make up the band today. The size of the band isn’t the only thing that has expanded. They now find themselves playing at festivals on playbills alongside their musical idols.
The album title, Men Among Mountains, is meant to express the collective sentiment of their musical progression toward notoriety: “we’re amongst these giants, but we’re holding our own.”
Each of the seven members brings their unique musical identity and influences to the mix, creating an eclectic feel that crosses several genres. The REVIVALISTS fuse rock, soul, country, funk, roots, and folk into a musical experience that aims to make you feel something.
If you find yourself interested, the REVIVALISTS will take the stage at the Riverwalk Center at 7:30 pm Sunday, March 6th. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 on the day of the show. Visit breckcreate.org for more information.
BreckCreate has helped put Breckenridge and Summit County on the map in the art and entertainment world, attracting big names who may never have otherwise thought to make a stop at the Riverwalk Center along a national tour. We feel lucky to have such a wonderful venue to showcase many talented musicians and artists in our community!
Keep an eye out for these BreckCreate events ~ coming soon!
- March 4: National Geographic LIVE! Meet Geraldine Kaltenbrunner and hear about her preparation and journey conquering K2.
- March 12: Creativity Crawl Gallery opening for Photographer Nale Liles and Ceramics Artist Chris Hosbach. Musical performance by local Cellist James Smith. Studio tours & demos on the arts campus. A walk downtown to explore the galleries & boutiques with refreshments.
- March 12: Makeshift A monthly gathering with workshops featuring DIY-inspired activities on the arts campus downtown.
- April 4: Nat Geo Live Meet Colorado Filmmaker Pete McBride for the screening of Chasing Rivers, a journey down two of the world’s greatest rivers.
- April 7: OZOMATLI Concert featuring Grammy-winning dance band that fuses funk, hip-hop, latin rhythms, salsa, and reggae.
- April 14: Lucinda Williams Singer-songwriter, named “America’s Best” by TIME Magazine, to perform a blend of folk, rock, and country.
- April 21: BREW: Ideas & Creation Lab A salon series that encourages discussion among creative professionals on a selected topic. April’s topic is 3D Printing, Technology and the Art of Creating. It teeters between a party and a conversation.